Solar energy has been a huge buzzword across the US for the past 10 years, and it all can seem a bit overwhelming. With all of the advances in technology, it has been hard to keep up with the world of solar energy. We at the Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance have been working hard to make solar energy easily accessible for everyone in the Ohio/Kentucky tristate area. One of the best programs we have started to make solar energy easy to understand is our monthly Solarize Workshops.
What is a Solarize Workshop?
Our Solarize Workshops are small scale workshops available to anyone interested in getting solar panels installed on their homes or anyone interested in solar energy. We keep our workshops small and hold them often so that people can feel comfortable getting their questions answered and really get to know the world of solar energy.
During the event you will be able to:
- Sign up for a free solar assessment
- Talk to local solar experts
- Learn how solar works on your home
- Find out about discounted pricing and tax credits
How Does the Solarize Program Work?
The Solarize Program is a program we designed to bring Cincinnati into the solar age. We start you off with a free solar assessment based on aerial images of your house to gauge your roof’s solar capabilities. We then build out an assessment of solar benefits for your home, showing you the cost benefits of installing solar panels and the rough cost of installation. In other words, we take all of the guess work out of solar by showing you the numbers before you even take the first step.
From this point, we will conduct an on-site solar assessment with one of our expert technicians where we look over the following:
- Age and condition of your roof
- Degree of tilt and orientation of your roof
- Presence of any obstacles to sunlight on your property
- Ideal location to install solar panels on the exterior of your home
- Location of appropriate interior connection points
If your home is a good fit for solar, we’ll work with our approved local installers to get you a proposal and set up the installation. Remember, solar tax credits expire in 2019 and Solarize discounts end on Saturday, June 30th!
Join us for one of our last two public solarize workshops:
- June 9th from 1:00-3:00 PM at the REI at 2643 Edmondson Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio
- June 26th from 6:00-8:00 PM at the Cincinnati Zoo Schott Education Center
Click here to register for the Cincinnati Zoo Solarize Workshop to learn just how solar energy can raise the value of your home and lower your monthly energy bill.