Heating is the largest consumer of energy in your home so learning about how your home’s heating system works can be a great first step towards reducing your energy bills. No matter what kind of heating system you have in your house, you can save money and increase your comfort by properly maintaining and upgrading your equipment.
All heating systems have three basic components; the heat source, the heat distribution system, and the control system. Issues with any one of these can prevent your heating system from operating efficiently. The first step is to ensure that the home is properly insulated and sealed. If that is the case, then a qualified heating and cooling professional will be able to determine the cause of any issues you may be experiencing. It could be due to an aging system, leaks in the distribution system, or a poorly designed system.
- Rooms are too hot or too cold
- Heating system needs frequent repairs
- Thermostat is set at one temperature
- Older inefficient equipment
- Install a programmable or smart thermostat.
- Change the air filter on your furnace or heat pump regularly.
- Have your heating system maintained on an annual basis.
Our energy advisors can help you identify ways to make your home more energy efficient and connect you to a qualified trade partner that can complete the work for you.
There is no obligation and because we are a nonprofit, you can count on our advice to be unbiased.
Call 513-562-4831 or click below to schedule a free consult.