The Energy Alliance is a nonprofit economic development agency with partners in construction, building science, banking, government and utilities.
Our work environment is fast-paced and emphasizes flexibility and creative problem solving.
The Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance is a non-profit economic development agency with a mission to facilitate investment in energy efficiency for homeowners, non-profit organizations, and commercial building owners through outreach and education, project management, and financing solutions. The Energy Alliance manages energy efficiency programs throughout Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, responsible for over $40M in projects to date. The Energy Alliance is funded, in part, through the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Better Buildings Neighborhood Program (Better Buildings), which is one of only twenty-five large Better Buildings Grants awarded nationally by DOE.
The Energy Alliance seeks an experienced, mission-focused and skilled Accounting Manager who can take immediate responsibility for day-to-day accounting, financial and federal grant reporting for the organization, as well as to be an integral part of the back office team supporting the transformation of clean energy financing in the Greater Cincinnati region. This person will report to the CFO and be in a key team role working closely with the entire organization.
Bachelor’s degree required. CPA licensure is strongly preferred.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years general accounting experience with the ability to perform at a “manager” equivalent level and demonstrable experience managing recurring financial reporting and preparation of financial statements. The optimal candidate will have experience in financial services, community development finance or non-profit with federal grant reporting responsibilities.
- • The Accounting Manager will report to the organization’s CFO and will be asked to provide supervision to an accounting staff member.
- • The Accounting Manager will have frequent interaction with the Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance’s CEO, Operations and support teams, and is expected to be able to operate in a team environment with all members of Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance staff. The Accounting Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with the Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance Board of Directors.
- • Ideal candidates will have strong accounting skills and the ability to adapt to unique and changing business models, and work with management and operations teams to recommend and apply appropriate financial treatment to specific programs.
- • The Accounting Manager will be responsible for month-end closing and preparation of Financial Statements. Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate the ability to prepare complicated financial statements with a minimum amount of supervision.
- • The Accounting Manager will have significant responsibilities related to completion of the annual financial audit.
- • The Accounting Manager will be responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Department of Energy, and other funding source grant reporting.
- • The Accounting Manager should be familiar with and have the ability to us Quickbooks for accounting entries, invoicing, reporting and Financial Statement preparation.
- • The Accounting Manager will have payroll and benefits reporting duties and responsibilities and should be comfortable processing payroll and will be expected to support and have responsibilities related to the organization’s Human Resources functions.
- • The Accounting Manager will be responsible for management of Accounts Payable, Invoicing activities and bank account/funds transfer management.
- • The Accounting Manager will have responsibilities related to cost accounting and systems integrations between Quickbooks, Salesforce and Paycor.
- • Ideal candidates will have either Financial Services experience or Non-Profit experience with federal or comparable grant reporting capabilities.
- • Ideal candidates will have the ability to see the “big picture” in terms of financial needs of the organization relative to early stage, growth and a changing business environment.
- • Experience with financial modeling, strategic decision-making and support of management team and Board of Directors is a plus, but not required. It is anticipated that strategic skills, modeling will be an opportunity for growth for the Accounting Manager.
The Energy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be treated equally without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under Federal or State law. Cover Letters & Resumes should be sent to:
Christopher Calvert | Chief Financial Officer | email@example.com